Case Studies, Testimonials & Results
Student & Parent Client Case Studies
We loved working with Filiz at FutureBright Canada because of her:
• Her pleasant attitude
Roso Family – Spain
Joey is a musician from Spain. He was looking for a boarding school in Canada where he could prepare academically for university while also continuing to develop his musical skills. He transferred to St. Andrews College, a school renowned for its rigorous academic potential and outstanding music program. St. Andrews band were able to give concerts at Carnegie Hall in New York where bands are selected through very competitive auditions.
“Filiz gave us thorough information about the education system in Canada. She helped us to find the most suitable boarding school for our son.
Filiz understood what we were looking for, and her recommendation of the school seems perfect. We were very happy to meet an important personage at the school before application, it gave us a good image and felt secure.
We would have recommended Filiz to friends who are also very happy with the service they received from FutureBright Canada.”
“Sometimes, I even wish I could be a student in Canada!” (Christina Rosso)
- Filiz assessed Efe and our family very well, especially in terms of academics and social aspects. She guided us effectively.
- Filiz is friendly, calming and she gave confidence to both Efe and us as parents.
- Filiz was very responsive each time we reached out with our questions. She always provided very clear answers.
Yencilek Family – Turkey
Efe is from Turkey. He is outstanding academically and wants to study Computer Science at University. He needed a boarding school with a good guidance department to define his study path and plan his AP courses. He was accepted into Lakefield College, where he will enjoy the beautiful campus on the lake and get great support in his academic journey as Lakefield is known for its wonderful university guidance department.
“Filiz informed and guided us effectively all through the process of Efe’s transition to Canada, despite all the unclarity during the pandemic.
She informed us about our options and the advantages of each option very clearly which helped us make the best decision for Efe.
Her close relationship and communication with the schools helped us gain valuable insights into what each school offers and how Efe can fit in.
We clearly understood what each school expects from the applicant which was of great value as it prevented wasting time and effort. Efe received acceptance from both schools that we applied to, which provided a great opportunity for our family to make a choice.
Filiz is passionate and meticoulous. She does research fast, without any delay and she gets back to you with answers right away.
She also followed up with documentation and reminded us about deadlines. This gave us confidence that she wouldn’t let anything slip from our attention and provided great comfort to us throughout the process.”
- Filiz knows the admission and interview process of many schools inside out. She is able to share her knowledge about what each school is looking for. This is very important and useful as she guided us in the right direction throughout the selection process.
- Filiz is an excellent communicator. She’s able to understand a child’s character quickly, thereby advising a direction that meets the child’s needs and values.
- Filiz covers a range of schools in Toronto are so we learned a lot from
her before making our final decision.
Teng Family – Hong Kong
Trevis is from Hong Kong. He is very athletic and has studied in IB schools since elementary school. He wanted to continue in an IB school in Canada and also wanted to play soccer which he loved so much. He comes to Ridley College at St. Catherine’s where he can continue his education in IB and also enjoy the countless athletic opportunities at the gorgeous campus of Ridley!
“Filiz is very knowledgeable about Toronto and Greater Toronto Areas (GTA) schools.
After taking time to understand our family’s expectations and values, she provided recommendations of schools that matched our needs, which we felt is particularly useful and important.
She shared many insights about the schools that we were interested in, on various aspects; including academics, sports, cultures, values, and evaluated them together with us.
Filiz was very responsive which we really appreciate very much. We also appreciate her practical and thoughtful opinion. And of course her experience and knowledge about schools in Toronto/GTA.
We would definitely recommend Filiz to other families, without a doubt. We had a very good experience indeed.”
“We’re truly thankful for Filiz’s expertise and guidance throughout the process!” (June Teng)
- Filling out each school application form.
- Interview preparation for our son and information on what to expect for the parents.
- School recommendations, and Filiz’s personal contacts with schools.
Yoon Family – Spain
Paco is very multicultural speaking 3 languages as native, very social and loves rugby. He looked for a boarding school where, he could continue playing rugby, be in an international student environment and enjoy a nice campus. He will definitely love Appleby which meets all his expectations and offer more at its gorgeous lakeside campus!
“Filiz helped us in many ways: first, she made us feel confident with our son that he had enough merit.
She transmitted a positive spirit throughout the whole process, combined with facts and clear information.
Filiz made me feel comfortable to talk and ask any questions my husband and I had to ask.
We value her personal experience, deep knowledge in schools, passion for education and caring for the well-being of students.
We would definitely recommend Filiz and FutureBright Canada to other families. My experience was fantastic!”
“Filiz genuinely understands parents concerns.” (Hyun Yoon)
2021-2022 Academic Year Application Results
- Appleby College, Oakville, Ontario
- Bayview Glen, Toronto, Ontario
- The Bishop Strachan School, Toronto, Ontario
- Branksome Hall, Toronto, Ontario
- Crescent School, Toronto, Ontario
- Claude Watson Arts School, North York, Ontario
- St. Clement’s School, Toronto, Ontario
- Crestwood Prep College, Toronto, Ontario
- Earl Haig, Toronto, Ontario
- Greenwood College, Toronto, Ontario
- Merrick Preparatory School, Merrickville-Wolford, Ontario
- Sterling Hall, North York, Ontario
- The York School, Toronto, Ontario
- Upper Canada College, Toronto, Ontario
Parent & Guardian Reviews
“Futurebright guided us through our school selection, application and decision-making process, and every step we needed to settle in Toronto from the USA. FutureBright not only relieved the stress of this long process but also made sure that our children were placed in schools that would unlock their full potential. Thank you very much to Filiz Altinoğlu for all her support .”
“Knowledgeable, proactive and above all, she is trying to do the best for her clients. Her professionalism is commendable. I really want to thank her from the bottom of my heart.”
“We have twin boys with different potentials and goals. FutureBright not only analyzed their characters, their desires and the needs that enabled us to choose the right school, but also helped to complete the application process correctly and effectively. I would like to thank Filiz for her continued support .”