Specialized Schools for Learning Differences
Special Education Consulting Tailored to Your Child’s Differences
Is your special needs child getting the education they deserve?
Most traditional classrooms struggle to accommodate special needs children, leading to a lack of attention and support in academic and social development.
Are you frustrated with the lack of resources and accommodations for your child in the classroom? Are you worried that you’ve tried everything and still haven’t found that ‘spark’ in your child? They have a secret sauce that keeps them going, yet they don’t know how to express it to you, and you’re still scratching your head?…
Our educational consultant is experienced in tailor-making an educational path for children and their parents who seek more than what the traditional school system can offer.
We work with you to provide personalized guidance and support to ensure a brighter future for your special needs child. Our goal is to take the stress, pain & worry out of special needs education and empower you to make informed decisions for your child’s future. Whether you’re just starting out or you’re seeking new options for your child, we’re here to help.
We’re a parent-owned firm and we believe every child deserves a personalized education that takes into account their unique needs and strengths. We understand that every child is different, and we take the time to get to know your child’s specific needs and learning style, so we can create a tailored plan that works for your family.
How Does Education for Special Needs Children Differ from Traditional Education?
If you’re a parent of a special needs child, you already know that traditional education programs may not be suitable for your child’s unique learning needs. While inclusive classrooms are designed to provide education for children with diverse abilities, many special needs children still struggle with understanding the curriculum, social interaction, and self-expression.
This is where personalized education programs come in. These programs are tailored to meet the individual needs of special needs children, helping them learn skills and concepts at their own pace, in a way that suits their learning style, and allowing them to embrace their greatest strengths and gifts without masking their learning differences.
Speaking of which, masking is a huge pain point when it comes to neurodivergence. In autistic children, especially, there can be a harmful effect to masking/hiding their unique autistic traits. Forms of stimulation (“stimming”) that relax themselves, verbal cues, highly focused special interests, etc…
The first instinct is to hide these behaviours because of a certain stigma. Yet, many of these behaviours (especially when they’re not harmful, and they’re relaxing) can be such a huge stress on the autistic nervous system that it causes long periods of shutdown, and can be damaging to that child’s mental health as they grow up.
If one is told something that suggests their special interest is “bad”, they try to hide it, which spirals into deep-seated worry about sharing it, which spirals into shutdown, and worse, could lead to depression.
Here are some of the benefits of schools with personalized education programs for special needs children:
1. Individualized Attention: In personalized education programs, your child will receive one-on-one attention from teachers and support staff who are specially trained to work with children with special needs. They will be able to provide your child with customized learning plans and adjust their teaching methods as needed to ensure that your child is learning at their own pace.
2. Targeted Support: Your child may have difficulty with specific areas, such as communication, social interaction, or motor skills. Personalized education programs will help your child build on their strengths and work on areas that need improvement. Your child’s educators will be able to identify areas where your child needs more support and adjust their teaching strategies to help your child succeed.
3. Positive Learning Environment: Children with special needs may struggle to adapt to a traditional classroom setting due to overcrowding, noise, sensory overload, and lack of attention. Personalized education programs provide a structured and supportive environment that allows your child to feel safe, comfortable, and valued.
4. Social Interaction: Socialization is an essential part of childhood development, but special needs children may struggle with building relationships and interacting with their peers. Some thrive on something entirely different than socialization. It’s simply a matter of identifying that thing.
Personalized education programs provide social activities, group projects, and other opportunities for your child to interact with other children – especially ones like themselves – in a safe and supportive environment.
Here are some of the ways in which we can help:
1. Reviewing existing assessments and report cards: We are not a professional clinic that conducts assessments but we review your child’s assessments and report cards so that we can come up with a shortlist of schools that could be a fit for your child.
2. Guidance: We will work with you on the application process to understand your goals, preferences, and concerns other than your child’s specific condition. We connect you with Schools who offer alternative education and specialized support for students with any kind of learning disabilities, physical disability or handicap, behavioural disorder, or mental disability or communicative disorder.
These specialized schools are often well-equipped to support children with many types of challenges, like autism, ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) or ADD (attention deficit disorder), Asperger’s Syndrome, and advanced learning disabilities. Ontario special needs private schools help students in ways which standard schools cannot.
We’ll schedule school visits, and compile a shortlist of schools to apply to. It’s important to apply to more than one school in order to secure acceptance.
3. Application and Interview: We will help you with all the forms and required documents to apply to these schools, and prepare you & your child for the interview.
What Our Clients Say
“I was so overwhelmed and worried about finding the right education program for my son, who has autism. Filiz provided us with personalized attention, guidance, and support that helped us explore our options. Thank you, FutureBright!“
Chala Dincoy (Canada)
If you’re a parent of a special needs child and looking for personalized education consulting services, look no further than FutureBright Canada. Contact us today to schedule a consultation or visit our website to learn more about how we can help your child succeed.